[PyKDE] PyKDE2 alpha 3 Available

Henrik Motakef henrik.motakef at web.de
Thu Feb 7 13:07:51 GMT 2002

Jim Bublitz <jbublitz at nwinternet.com> writes:

> PyKDE2 alpha3 is now available for download. You can go to:
>
> http://www.thekompany.com/projects/pykde/
>
> and then look for the "Download" link. (Thanks again to Phil and
> theKompany for hosting this).
>
> PyKDE2-3.0-2.2.1alpha3 is for people using KDE 2.1.x
> PyKDE2-3.0-2.2.0alpha3 is for people using KDE 2.2.0/2.2.1
> and may compile against KDE2.2.2 (still haven't tried it)

I just tried to compile it (FreeBSD 4.5, KDE2.2.2), and ran into the
following problems:

- First, the "postproc" script hardcodes "/usr/bin/python". Should at
  least be "/usr/bin/env python", better depend on the ./configured
  location.

- More serious is a make error in the dcop directory, because of ld
  not finding the "dcopc" library (-ldcopc is in
  libdcopxmodule_ls_LIBADD, an in various other places in different
  directories). Indeed, there isn't any libdcopc anywhere on my
  system. Where should it be/ come from?

Regards
Henrik