[PyKDE] PyKDE on RH 7.3

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Jul 16 01:57:00 BST 2002

On 15-Jul-02 Jarda wrote:
> I have problems building PyKDE on RedHat 7.3. Have anyone succeed
> with  the task? I have compiled and installed sip 3.2.4-1 and
> PyQt 3.2.0, run .configure feedeing it all the requested paths,
> but it says "KDE version 301 not valid". I have the KDE build
> from my Linux distribution. Is it ever supported, should I try
> to fix some issues?

Red Hat 7.3 actually comes with KDE3.0.0, but labels it as KDE3.0.1
in kdeversion.h. Change the following lines:

#define KDE_VERSION 301
#define KDE_VERSION_STRING "3.0.1"

to:

#define KDE_VERSION 300
#define KDE_VERSION_STRING "3.0.0"

and PyKDE should build. You can change kdeversion.h back to the
original values after building PyKDE.

The next release of PyKDE will use:

#define KDE_VERSION_MAJOR 3
#define KDE_VERSION_MINOR 0
#define KDE_VERSION_RELEASE 0

to determine the KDE version. As far as I know, this info is
correct in all distributions.

Note that PyKDE-3.2.4-1 only supports KDE through 3.0.0. Support
for 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 are forthcoming in the next release.

Jim