[PyKDE] PyKDE with KDE 3.0.1?

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Jun 3 20:38:01 BST 2002

I just received another msg indicating that RH7.3 reports
KDE_VERSION as 301, but is really 3.0.0 (KDE_VERSION_STRING is
3.0.0-10). Probably the easiest temporary fix (haven't tried it,
but it should work) is to modify ckversion.py to report '300' for
KDE_VERSION == '301'. I haven't tried it, but I think it'll work.
Otherwise, PyKDE apparently builds on RH7.3.

This will be fixed/allowed for in the next release, which should be
later this week or early next week. That should also include
Ricardo's/Debian's compile time enhancements for general use. I
also have some other stuff that I promised but haven't gotten to
yet (plugin/panel applet stuff). My current workload is:

1. PyKDE for KDE 3.0.1
2. A PyKDE app for my business so I can finally use full time the
new computer I just built (long story)
3. Enabling Python-based plugins and panel applets for KDE (not
necessarily PyKDE related - separate project/still sip-based).

Sorry for the delays, but I'm having too much fun actually using
PyKDE/PyQt.

Jim

PS: I've been subscribed to this list as receiving the digest rather
than individual messages, so I haven't been able to tell when
people email me directly if the message is also on the list (the
digest is usually about 24 hours behind). I'm going to switch to
the individual message mode today.