[PyKDE] Final Update on New Build Process

Soeren Fietzke soeren.fietzke at mscsoftware.com
Thu Jun 20 18:43:00 BST 2002

Thanks Phil, this really looks like huge improvement :)

Just one small issue I noticed with ActiveState Python 2.1: on Windows, 'nmake install' copies files to the directory sys.prefix +
'/lib/site-packages'. This is where Python on MacOS would search, under Windows it is only sys.prefix.
The easy solution is a file with extension .pth in the main python directory (sys.prefix) with just one line:
lib/site-packages

"import qt" works nicely then.

So in the generated makefile, an additional line to write that file would help:

install:
    -echo lib/site-packages > d:\Python21\pyqt.pth
    -copy /y qt.py D:\Python21\Lib\site-packages
    -copy /y qt.pyc D:\Python21\Lib\site-packages
    -del D:\Python21\Lib\site-packages\libqtc.lib
    -del D:\Python21\Lib\site-packages\libqtc.exp

Perhaps locations are different with Python 2.2?!? Have not checked yet...

Regards,
Soeren