[PyKDE] exec_loop blocking problem under Windows

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jun 21 23:02:01 BST 2002

Hi all, I am new to Python, QT and PyQt so bear with me please.

I noticed that when running a script when exec_loop is executed the Python interpreter blocks (ie. doesn't execute the subsequent commands). Is this the default behaviour on all platforms or is it something specific to Windows?

What I'd like to have is run exec_loop in a python thread and do other processing in my script? Is this possible with the current PyQt release? We are currently using QT 3.0.4 and Python 2.2.1 under Windows 2000.

Thanks
-Selim

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98
Tel:650-926-3376 Fax:650-926-4335