[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt v3.1rc2

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 20:29:03 GMT 2002

ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> On Monday 18 March 2002 08:17 am, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > I hope that this is going to be the last release before the final v3.1.
>
> Nope build fails out of box with Python 2.1.1 installed from the active python
> installer. It keeps looking in imaginary direcotries for stuff, fails to
> include Python's path and has no way to figure out where sip is, correctly at
> least.

As specified in the 2nd paragraph of INSTALL.win32, it's up to you to
configure your compiler properly so that it searches the relevant Python
directories.

> The linux version fails to regenerate the bindings saying it cannot find
> QListViewItem...
>
> I have never seen PyQt build since the NC version on QT 2.x on windows.  Is
> windows no longer going to be supported?  There are some older build
> instructions that get futher along before they fail.  Can anyone please help
> update these?

Works fine for me, although I am using the stock Python 2.2 Windows
.exe. There is a typo in the SIP INSTALL.win32 (refers to sip.lib
instead of libsip.lib) but it's easy to spot.