[PyKDE] [sip] newbie questions

Oliver Kohlbacher oliver at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Tue May 14 23:01:00 BST 2002

Hi,

> > 2. Every time I make an small change to a sip file, make recompiles
> > everything, because sip regenerates all code whether it changes or
> > not.  Is there a way to prevent this, and if not, how has Jim Bublitz
> > managed to retain his sanity whilst wrapping KDE? ;)
>
> No, and I'm not sure he has. :)

Here's a small Makefile section I've been using. It basically strips the
header (containing the date and time) from all files and diffs them
against the old version, thus recompiling only modified ones.
----

sip:
  @if test ! -d SIP ; then mkdir SIP 2>/dev/null ; fi
  @echo "running SIP..."
  @$(SIP) $(SIP_OPTS) BALL.sip
  @echo "removing SIP headers..."
  @-rm -f SIP/tmp 2>/dev/null
  @for i in SIP/*; do mv $$i SIP/tmp ; cat SIP/tmp |sed 3d > $$i ; rm -rf SIP/tmp 2>/dev/null ; done
  @echo "updating modified files..."
  @for i in SIP/*; do if cmp -s $$i `basename $$i`; then true ; else echo " - $$i"; cp $$i . ; fi ; done

---
Didn't improve my overall sanity, but you might find it useful anyway...

Cheers,
  Oliver

----
 Dr. Oliver Kohlbacher (oliver at bioinf.uni-sb.de, oliver.kohlbacher at celera.com)
 Center for Bioinformatics, Saarland University, Saarbruecken, Germany
 Celera Genomics, Informatics Research, Rockville, MD, USA
 Tel: +1-240-453-3264 Fax: +1-240-453-3324 (Tel: +49-681-64703 [CBI])