[PyKDE] HP-UX 10.20 runtime error

Laurent Claustre claustre at esrf.fr
Thu May 23 17:14:01 BST 2002

Hi there,

I've tried to isolated the problem I've encountered compiling PyQt on
HP-UX 10.2 (gcc 2.95.2),
find attached the  sources of  C++ classes, classA and classB, the sip
code and the corresponding python module.

The problem is about the classA.a_b_object static member which is a
reference to classB object, the sip code tries
to get address of the classA::a_b_object member to wrap it to a python
class member.
Unfortunately, when importing the module python got an exception:

 >>> import MyModule
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "MyModule.py", line 28, in ?
    libMyModulec.sipRegisterClasses()
RuntimeError: Attempt to create a Python instance for a NULL pointer

This pointer should not NULL but the address of classA::a_b_object ????

This problem only occured on hpux10.20, and this module works fine on
solaris7, solaris8 (gcc 2.95.2), and
suse64 (gcc 2.95.2) and suse72 (gcc 2.95.3).

I've written too a small program named 'testit' linked with library
libMyModulecmodule.sl which
create instance of classA and classB. It just prints the address of the
static member classA::a_b_object
WITH SUCCESS.

Any idea ??

Laurent