[PyKDE] Platform specific sip/PyQt problem -- SUMMARY

Smith, Dave dave.smith at transcendata.com
Fri May 24 15:36:00 BST 2002

All,

Thanks to a few pointers from Phil, I have a workaround
for the problem described below (can't connect to 'toggled(bool)'
signals on specific platforms).  AFAIK, this affects users of Solaris
Sun Workshop C++ 4.2 & Sun Forte C++ 6.x using the -compat option,
IRIX MIPSpro 7.2.1 and older, and all versions of AIX IBM C++
(VisualAge C++ should be ok).  I don't think there is a
automated solution to this as the root problem is a compiler bug
that has been accepted as a "feature" of older C++ compilers.
I only had time and need to test this workaround on Solaris, but
I think it will fix IRIX and AIX as well.

Attached is a detailed description of the problem and
workaround that can be added to the PyQt README.SunOS file.

Dave