[PyKDE] Kudos and Questions from a New Convert

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Nov 20 21:39:01 GMT 2002

On 20-Nov-02 Tom Jenkins wrote:
> Konrad Hinsen wrote:

> ah that is a problem.  i wanted to download and try this out but
> i don't have a compiler for my windows box.  i can play with it
> in KDE on Linux  but i'd like to see it on windows also.

> are there any free compilers on windows that i can use for Qt &
> PyQt?

I think either Borland or MS (or both maybe) offer a free command
line compiler for Windows. I could be wrong though - I'm not a
Windows user. Hopefully someone who knows will respond too.

Keep in mind the non-commercial version of Qt for Windows is Qt2.

There are some rpms for sip/PyQt/PyKDE at:

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pykde

and the guys who do them could probably help you with the Linux
side if you don't want users to compile. Again, I don't know of
binaries for Windows, but it seems it should be possible.

Jim