[PyKDE] ANN: Packages for Eric, the Python IDE

Peter Osborne pete at bookware3000.ca
Fri Nov 29 19:37:01 GMT 2002

On November 27, 2002 04:06 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> It is already there. They are just not shown as a folder in the project
> browser. The display is a flat one. However, if you add a file to a
> subdirectory of your project directory, the subdir is created and the
> file placed there. In the browser it is shown like "subdir/file.py". In
> addition to that eric will search for new files in these subdirectories
> upon opening a project (if this feature is enabled).

I'm a little confused how this works. I currently have a fairly large project
with about 6 subdirectories and probably 30 or 40 files in it. I have a
subdirectory called "ui" in the main directory and it contains all my ui
files. When I add one of these forms to the project, it copies it to the main
directory rather than leaving it and using it in it's original location.

Is Eric supposed to work this way? If so, maybe I can rearrange my project a
bit.

Thanks,
-Pete