[PyKDE] Re: eric3 python-site files not found

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Nov 29 19:49:00 GMT 2002

Am Donnerstag, 28. November 2002 00:26 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
> Hi Arno,
>
> what about subscribing PyKDE? Pretty low traffic ML.
>
> On Tuesday 26 November 2002 12:47, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when single-stepping through some of my python files with eric3
> > I get an error dialog with the message
> >
> > The file
> > /var/tmp/python-2.2.1-build/usr/lib/python2.2/sre.py
> > could not be opened.
> >
> > I am using python-2.2.1-45 from SuSE 8.1. I also have the rpm
> > python-nothreads-2.2.1-45 installed, not sure whether that
> > maytters. The same python files run fine outside of eric3.
> >
> > The filename in the message looks like a leftover from a build.
>
> The problem seems to be related to the way, how eric resolves
> the path of the source (using the path provided in the *.py{c,o}
> files). This clashes with the way, SuSE built their python package,
> which leads to these strange messages from eric.

The problem is not related to eric3 as eric3 does not do any special path
resolving. It relies purely on the Python mechanisms. As Hans-Peter as
indicated it is a problem related to SuSE 8.1. Simply recompiling the
python files by performing the following steps.

cd /usr/lib/python2.2
python compileall.py -f .

or use Hans-Peters script.

Detlev