[PyKDE] Runtime issues on SuSE 8.1

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Oct 15 19:18:00 BST 2002

On 15-Oct-02 Marc Schmitt wrote:

> Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to compile PyKDE for KDE3.0.4, the
> compilation broke while compiling about a missing extraH/kde304
> dir. Simply setting a link from the kde303 dir didn't work.
> Jim, any hints ?

I registered the fact that KDE3.0.4 exists a few days ago, but for
some reason it never dawned on me that I might need to do something
about it ...

I'm in the middle of something I need to implement soon (rewriting
my mail handling top to bottom), so it will be a few days before I
can look at KDE3.0.4 - from the announcement it doesn't appear much
needs to be done.

Setting a link seems like it *should* work - a quick and dirty
solution would simply be to create extraH/kde304 and copy all of the
files from extraH/kde303 into it. Those are (mostly) h files which
aren't normally found in kde*/include. The correct way would be to
copy the same set of files from a KDE3.0.4 kdelibs source
distribution to the new directory, EXCEPT for kicontheme.h, pct.h,
and pykdekshortcutlist.h, which you'd still want to copy from
extraH/kde303. pct.h is a hack to allow '%' type formatting in an
sprintf statement under sip, and the other two are (very slightly)
modified version of the corresponding kdelibs h files.

The other places you'd (probably) need to make changes are:

1. build.py - add 304 to KDEVers list (global, near top of file)
2. PyKDE-3.3.2/sip/kde30/dcop.sip - add KDE_3_0_4 to %Timeline
statement