[PyKDE] RFC: Usability experiment QLaunch, please try and give comment :)

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Sun Sep 15 09:35:01 BST 2002

Hi,

To make it short, I wrote a "wrapper" for pythonscripts, which allows to
transparently execute an application which is located within a zipfile. That
gets especially intersting in combinition with PyQt/PyKDE, where it's
possible to distribute apps as a single file, containing all data - without
the need for installation or even opening a "konsole". Just download a file,
click on it and enjoy ...

It's basically an experiment about usability and I'd like to hear what you
think about it, if it's useful and/or it could help in making
PyQt/PyKDE-applications even more sophisticated.

After searching several hours for an functional place to upload my packages I
hope you can download them from  http://members.fortunecity.de/dwisp/  at
least until my account gets deleted again ...

This may all look a bit chaotic - the homepage, the code, this mail, but I
have to say it's more a quick hack and not a real project (not until I get
enough positive feedback ;) My main reason for writing it was I'm currently
ill, so I got really bored, and I had the idea for a longer time. Whoops,
3:30am - time to go to bed.

-Marc