[PyKDE] Error building PyQT

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Thu Apr 10 19:32:01 BST 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 05:58:46PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > Phil, maybe you should make point releases (3.5.1, .2, ...) when
> > TrollTech makes some substractive change to the API :-?
>
> I don't want to put too much work on the packagers :)

I was thinking on people that compile PyQt themselves (like Gentooers)
:-) We packagers can solve this little problems by applying local patches
:-D, and such a little thing like this annoying Qt 3.1.2 change isn't
worth a whole new PyQt release.

(BTW, maybe you could release snapshots as incremental patches. That
should lower your bw usage)

> I'm only waiting for the release of Python 2.3 - which is taking longer than I
> expected. I could release 3.6 now and release 3.6.1 if 3.6 proved to have a
> problem with the final version of Python 2.3.

That's what point releases are for :D