[PyKDE] ANN: PyQt v3.6, SIP v3.6, QScintilla v1.0

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 20:29:01 BST 2003

On Sunday 27 April 2003 7:12 pm, gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr wrote:

> > > I just finished to compile and install those new releases, and I tried
> > > to compile PyKDE and PyQwt without success.
>
> In principle http://gerard.vermeulen.free.fr/PyQwt-cvs20030423.tar.gz
> should work with PyQt/sip-3.4/3.5/3.6.
> It may be that PyQwt does not yet handle sip-3.6 as it should. I am going
> to check this now, check for a new PyQwt-cvs*.tar.gz tomorrow.

I tested with the 20030420 snapshot. It didn't handle SIP_FOOLS_DAY properly
and I had to set SIPDIR.

> The real release will come a little bit later because of a change
> in licensing and I am busy using Python's own documentation tools to
> generate the docs (my fingers feel OK with LaTeX, but hurt when typing
> SGML).
>
> > As it says on the PyKDE page, you need to stick with v3.5 of SIP and PyQt
> > for that.

> > > Where are the extra SIP tools required to build PyQwt and maybe PyKDE?
> >
> > As it said in the announcement, this only applies to the non-commercial
> > and educational binary packages under Windows. It's really a flag to
> > Gerard to allow him to simplify his build process for PyQwt.
>
> Well, I hope that you also package this stuff with the commercial versions,
> because most of my support for PyQwt on Windows was helping your customers
> rebuilding PyQt/sip :-)

The commercial versions are just .zip files - commercial customers already
everything they need (except, maybe, the knowledge of what they need to do
with it). If there is anything I can add that means you don't get bothered so
much then let me know.