[PyKDE] ANN: PyQt v3.6, SIP v3.6, QScintilla v1.0

gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Apr 27 23:23:00 BST 2003

> > In principle http://gerard.vermeulen.free.fr/PyQwt-cvs20030423.tar.gz
> > should work with PyQt/sip-3.4/3.5/3.6.
> > It may be that PyQwt does not yet handle sip-3.6 as it should. I am going
> > to check this now, check for a new PyQwt-cvs*.tar.gz tomorrow.
>
> I tested with the 20030420 snapshot. It didn't handle SIP_FOOLS_DAY properly
> and I had to set SIPDIR.

To make PyQwt compile with 3.6, I changed the SIP_FOOLS_DAY handling: now it
really checks for OLD_SIP_NAMES by making sip generate some test code (your
preferred way of doing things, instead of checking dates).
If sip is not on your path you have to set an environment variable (but
that is clearly indicated). Maybe the problems with SIP_FOOLS_DAY and
SIPDIR (renamed to SIPEXEDIR) are correlated. Never mind, the code has
been changed.

> The commercial versions are just .zip files - commercial customers already
> everything they need (except, maybe, the knowledge of what they need to do
> with it). If there is anything I can add that means you don't get bothered so
> much then let me know.

No problem. I suppose that the Makefiles do not delete the *.exp and *.lib
files anymore and I'll immediately cc your the mails relating to it.

BTW, the problem with smalltable.py is also present with PyQt-3.6.
If a combo box gets focus, the demo crashes (I went as far as recompiling
Qt, ie Qt-3.1.2 with gcc-2.95.3). The checkboxes are OK. I looked a
little bit in the sip files and generated code, but I prefer to work
on PyQwt right now.

I also had QSettings::sync warnings. They disappeared when deleting
the ~/.qt directory created when I was still running Qt-3.0.6 instead
of 3.1.2.
Gerard