[PyKDE] compile problem in kio

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Aug 24 18:38:01 BST 2003

On Sunday August 24 2003 06:23, alynch wrote:
> I've compiled and installed Qt 3.2, no problem, PyQt 3.8, no
> problem and works great, and am now compiling PyKDE 3.7 . I
> changed the revision number to 3.8 and build.py finishes no
> problem. However, the compile stops with an error in the kio
> subdirectory compiling kiohuge0.cpp saying
> /usr/include/kservice.h: In constructor
> `sipKService::sipKService(const KService&)':
> /usr/include/kservice.h:52: `KService::KService(const
> KService&)' is private sipkioKServicePtr.cpp:159: within this
> context
> make[1]: *** [kiohuge0.o] Error 1
>
> I've tried using gcc 2.96 instead of 3.2.2 but it still gets
> the same error. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 but with updated qt as
> I said.
>
> Any ideas?

Aww, darn - I wanted to report this bug myself ...

I just got Mdk 9.1 installed last night (I had problems with a
easy). All you need to do is go into sip/kservice.sip and
change:

%If ( KDE_3_1_1 -  )

private:
                         KService (const KService&);
%End

to:

%If ( KDE_3_1_0 -  )    <---- change the line to this

private:
                         KService (const KService&);
%End

and of course run build.py again before compiling.

The "official" KDE source doesn't make that change until
KDE3.1.1. My  Mandrake 9.1 reports KDE3.1.0 but has that change.

After that, it builds/installs/tests fine here.

This will be fixed in the real PyKDE-3.8 (about a week away).

Jim