[PyKDE] Proper way to show multiple windows?

star gazer th1138x at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 01:09:01 GMT 2003

I'm trying to figure out the correct way to display
multiple windows, filled with info, based on a mysql
lookup by double-clicking on a line in a QListView
box. I have the lookup working the Qlistview working
and I have the info screen working.  The problem is I
am not sure of the correct way to display the info
screens. In Wxpython I did the following procedure, it
allowed me to dbl-clk on as many items as I wanted to
just by going back to the master window and dbl-clking
on another line and it would open another window.

python Wxpython code*********
    def ShowRecord(self, event):
        global c_id
        currentItem = event.m_itemIndex
        c_id =  int(self.cv.GetItemText(currentItem))
        CDtail = musicDetail(self,- 1,"Music
Detail",wxPoint(20,20),wxSize(600,340))
        CDtail.CenterOnParent()
        CDtail.Show(true)
**********************

I tried to code the equivelent in pyQt and I could
only open (1) window, I could not select the original
window again until I closed the just opened window.
The just opened window was non-modal.  Does each new
window need a  event loop?  This is bare details of
the called window.
        def newWin(self):
            nw = musicDetailImp()
            nw.exec_loop()

It this the correct way to open the window? I seem to
be stuck here, and I was able to do this easly from
WXpython.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Star GAzer