[PyKDE] IOSlaves - initial attempts

Wido Depping wido.depping at tu-clausthal.de
Tue Jul 8 14:47:00 BST 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 23:08, Kasper Souren wrote:
> > I want to write a tutorial at some point but, in the meantime, I've
> > packaged up a couple of examples which might be interesting to other
> > people looking to do something similar:
>
> Cool. I am interested in controlling noatun myself. Can this be done with
> IOSlaves?

A better solution for controlling noatun would be dcop. Every KDE app has a
dcop interface which can be accessed which the dcop programm. Run kdcop to
get a list of functions you can access for noatun. Play, pause, skip, jum etc
are all supported. From a quick look I can say that you can change the
playlist, too. Somewhere on the web is a tutorial for using dcop.
In python you would spawn a dcop-process with the needed parameters. That's
all.

Wido