[PyKDE] Project Management (was Error when loading libqtc for PyQt3.7)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Jul 12 03:02:15 BST 2003

On Friday July 11 2003 11:15, Phil Thompson wrote:
> I'm not clear what the (technical) reasons are for the delay
> in PyKDE. The differences between SIP 3.5 and 3.7 are not
> great - I wouldn't expect that to be a significant reason. How
> much is down to different KDE releases?

3.6 had one argument list change in a function call and some
things to patch in PyKDE for changes in sip (changes you made to
accomodate PyKDE if I recall). There's also the operator change
and exception handling. It's not that much by itself - probably
too much to expect people to patch manually.

It  takes me more time to do test builds than anything else and I
usually run into a problem or two there, so it's necessary. Some
time to set up (new sip/PyQt on multiple machines, one new KDE
install for 3.12, new project files, etc).

Probably not much change for KDE 3.1.2.

Maybe 2-3 days or about 20-30 hours  (which I haven't had) to do
the above.

Lots of patching after that.

Jim