[PyKDE] PyKDE for Mandrake 9.1, test RPMs

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Jun 21 10:49:01 BST 2003

Good morning all,

It took a bit playing around, but I've managed to make PyQT *and* PyKDE RPMs
for Mandrake 9.1. Went surprisingly well, even though I had to get into
build.py and few times (life without autoconf is just great!):

http://www.simonzone.com/software/python/

It is built against:

* libqt3-3.1.2-3mdk (which is from cooker IIRC, fixes the library stripping
problem)

* kdelibs-3.1.1-2tex etc (from www.pclinuxonline.com)

The KDE 3.0 series is meant to be binary compatible, so my slightly different
KDE version should be ok w.r.t. the default MDK9.1 one. But there is a good
chance that these RPMs won't work with the MDK9.1 default Qt RPM (3.1.1).
Visit Cooker.

Feedback welcome of course,

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/