[PyKDE] RedHat 9 and PyKDE 3.5 Works Beautifully

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat May 3 01:13:01 BST 2003

On Friday 02 May 2003 12:51, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> I have compiled PyKDE with RedHat 9's default environment
> (including PyQt and sip, of course) and everything works
> beautifully. Here are the version numbers:

> KDE: 3.1-10 (I don't know what version of KDE this is, but it
> seems to be something like 3.1.1)

PyKDE will pull the version out kdeversion.h, and use the
individual digits to assemble the actual version number - RH
seems to mess with the full version number, so I don't use it
any more.

> Python: 2.2.2
> sip/PyQt: 3.5
> PyKDE: 3.5

> I am trying to build RPMs, but there is a nasty bug that
> results in the following message:

> getOutputFrom(): Broken pipe

> after the lengthy build. The same is true for RedHat 8 as
> well. So I am trying to find a way to fix or work around it.
> It is pretty frustrating because any change you make takes
> several hours to test.

That's not a PyKDE/KDE function as far as I know - from the error
msg it seems to be whatever you're running.  You shouldn't need
to run build.py more than once (although I'm not real familiar
with building RPMs), and if you just re-run make it'll pick up
where it left off. That should save you time on the actual PyKDE
builds.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Jim