[PyKDE] Re: PyKDE compile error

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Sep 9 02:51:01 BST 2003

Xavier Spriet <xavier at eliquid.com> wrote:

>  File "build.py", line 1084, in generateSource
>    shutil.rmtree(mname)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/shutil.py", line 117, in rmtree
>    _build_cmdtuple(path, cmdtuples)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/shutil.py", line 132, in
> _build_cmdtuple
>    for f in os.listdir(path):
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'dcop'

> !!! ERROR: dev-python/pykde-3.7.4 failed.
> !!! Function src_compile, Line 41, Exitcode 1

build.py failed while trying to delete the dcop directory (which
it tries to do before generating a new set of C++ files for each
module). Usually the reason this happens is because you don't
have write permission for either the PyKDE-3.7-4 directory or
for PyKDE-3.7-4/dcop/. It happens to me when I've run build.py
as root and then tried to re-run it as a user. Fixing write
permsissions ont he PyKDE directories (the ones created when you
untarred PyKDE) should solve it.

If that isn't the cause, let me know and I'll investigate
further.

Jim