[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11 snapshot

Troy Melhase troy at gci.net
Fri Apr 23 22:47:01 BST 2004

> QXEmbed was causing build problems on some platforms - not sure
> of the details, but I imagine I thought no one was using it
> anyway and there might have been some questions about the code
> being usable in PyKDE in the first place.

It's quite usable.  Definitely one of those "wow!  it worked!" type of
experiences the first time I saw it in action.

> I'll try adding it back in if you have a use for it. You could
> try sticking the old qxembed.sip in kdeui/ and adding a %Include
> qxembed.sip to kdeuimod.sip.in.

I do have a use for it and I did exactly what you suggested.  I copied
qxembed.sip from pykde 3.7.4, uncommented the %Include in kdeuimod.sip.in and
recompiled successfully.  The qxembed stuff works, too.

> Let me know if you need it, and I'll work on it.

This is tough.  I don't want to add anything to your plate, but at the same
time really want to see the functionality in there.  I guess "want" is a more
appropriate term than "need".  I'll leave the decision in your capable hands.

Thanks again.

Troy Melhase, troy at gci.net
--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python.