[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11 snapshot

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Apr 23 20:09:01 BST 2004

On Friday April 23 2004 01:43, Troy Melhase wrote:
> > Please report any build, compile or execution errors you run
> > across to the list.

> This is exciting.  I upgraded all these today:

> Qt from 3.2 to 3.3
> KDE from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1
> SIP from 3.8 to 3.10.1
> PyQt from 3.8 to 3.11
> PyKDE from 3.7+hacks to 3.11

> And even:

> SciPy from 0.2_alpha_something to 0.3.0
> PyQwt from 3.8 to 4.0

> And each and every install was painless and flawless.  Jim,
> you and Phil and Deltlev and Gerard and all the KDE folks are
> awesome (and the Qt folks, and the SciPy folk and the Python
> crew, and...).  Thank you all so much.

As far as PyKDE, Phil gets the credit for creating a really nice
install system (as well as sip, PyQt, the original PyKDE, etc).
That was largely the problem with PyKDE-3.8, as the rest of the
code hasn't changed too much (except for some sip enhancements
Phil coded for PyKDE).

This is really a nice platform - I wish I had some time to work
with it :) (or :( )

> One question.  What happened to QXEmbed?  I see the header
> file in my kde installation, but qxembed.sip was commented
> from kdeuimod.sip.in.  I dug out qxembed.sip from an older
> release and am trying to recompile.  Any idea?

QXEmbed was causing build problems on some platforms - not sure
of the details, but I imagine I thought no one was using it
anyway and there might have been some questions about the code
being usable in PyKDE in the first place.

I'll try adding it back in if you have a use for it. You could
try sticking the old qxembed.sip in kdeui/ and adding a %Include
qxembed.sip to kdeuimod.sip.in.

Let me know if you need it, and I'll work on it.

Jim