[PyKDE] Interest in PyQt wiki?

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Tue Apr 27 20:26:01 BST 2004

On Monday 26 April 2004 03:39 am, Torsten Marek wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> is anybody interested into a PyQt wiki? I'd sponsor a server for it and
> try to set it up then (maybe somebody could give me a hint and/or a
> helping hand).

I think a PyQt specific Wiki would be the best way to start getting PyQt
content on the web. I think it's a good idea. I remember trying to get
moinmoin to work on sourceforge, but I failed miserably as they don't have
the right version of python on the servers.

I'd be willing to help you get moinmoin working on your server. I've done it
before at home. I know that the moinmoin wiki is a bit processor / memory /
disk intensive, but traffic shouldn't be that heavy.

> I only had a short look at the available solutions (in Python, of
> course...), but maybe moinmoin (http://moin.sf.net), might be a good one.

> Suggested content:

Q. When I am compiling SIP, why does it disable Qt support?
A. You need to set the QTDIR environment variable properly.

Q. Why is PyQt crashing?
A. You need to have compatible versions of PyQt and Sip.

Q. When is PyKDE version X coming out?
A. Soon.

;-)

> - Sample code
> - Building + Install instructions (e.g. how to include PyQt into Python)
> - links to other intros (e.g. the ones by Roberto Alsina)
> - intros and howtos

Excellent suggestion.

--
Jonathan Gardner