[PyKDE] Interest in PyQt wiki?

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Tue Apr 27 20:40:00 BST 2004

Jonathan Gardner schrieb:

>>Hello all,
>>
>>is anybody interested into a PyQt wiki? I'd sponsor a server for it and
>>try to set it up then (maybe somebody could give me a hint and/or a
>>helping hand).
Hm, I maybe forgot, but this should be a wiki not _only_ for PyQt, but
all sip-related GUI (PyQt, PyKDE, PyQwt as well?) programming with eric3
as the natural IDE choice + sip bindings generation. I hope I did not
insult anyone by ignoring him.

> I think a PyQt specific Wiki would be the best way to start getting PyQt
> content on the web. I think it's a good idea. I remember trying to get
> moinmoin to work on sourceforge, but I failed miserably as they don't have
> the right version of python on the servers.
>
> I'd be willing to help you get moinmoin working on your server. I've done it
> before at home. I know that the moinmoin wiki is a bit processor / memory /
> disk intensive, but traffic shouldn't be that heavy.
Traffic is not my concern. We have 100 GiB/month...

>>I only had a short look at the available solutions (in Python, of
>>course...), but maybe moinmoin (http://moin.sf.net), might be a good one.
>

>>Suggested content:
>

> Q. When I am compiling SIP, why does it disable Qt support?
> A. You need to set the QTDIR environment variable properly.
Yes, I thought of exactly that question, even before today.
Maybe it is possible to add a link to the wiki to the mailing list
footer, too, so that people go there first.

> Q. Why is PyQt crashing?
> A. You need to have compatible versions of PyQt and Sip.
>
> Q. When is PyKDE version X coming out?
> A. Soon.
>
> ;-)
>

>>- Sample code
>>- Building + Install instructions (e.g. how to include PyQt into Python)
>>- links to other intros (e.g. the ones by Roberto Alsina)
>>- intros and howtos
>>

> Excellent suggestion.

Ok, I will have a closer look at it (whether I use cgi (fastcgi only
works with Apache 1.3, mod_python etc.). I'll contact then.

best greetings

Torsten

--
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858