[PyKDE] Singleshot problems in QThreads on Windows.

Truls A. Tangstad kerfue+pykde at herocamp.org
Fri Aug 20 10:59:50 BST 2004

We're distributing a cross-platform application and having problems
with QTimer.singleShot on windows.

It seems that using QTimer from a QThread doesn't work, the callback
is never run.

The attached example shows the problem. On debian/linux both printing
callbacks are run, but on windows only the first non-threaded one is
called.

Please let me know if I'm missing any restrictions on PyQt, threads,
QTimer etc., or if the problem is with my code.

Versions:
Python 2.3.4
Qt 3.3.3
PyQt-commercial-snapshot-20040819
sip-snapshot-20040819
Windows XP Pro SP1

--
Truls A. Tangstad - <kerfue+pykde at h e r o c a m p.org>