[PyKDE] How to install QScintilla 1.4

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 13:26:17 GMT 2004

On December 24, 2004 07:59 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:

> > I'm sorry, I'm a linux boob, I'm not a C/C++ programmer: I have no idea
> > if another QScintilla library is hiding elsewhere in the system, masking
> > this installation, I'm sort of wishing for a "which libqscintilla.so"
> > command. Since its a python script that is finding this lib, would it be
> > some extension module installed with Python?

yeah, a ldwhich or ldgrep command would be nice, allowing you to search for
functions or libraries in your LD path.

Basically, you can use "locate" to find all occurrances of a file on your
system (assuming you ran updatedb recently), and if you see the files in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or in one of the dirs listed in /etc/ld.so.conf then you know
there is some sort of clash...