[PyKDE] PyKDE Valentine's Day Update

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Feb 13 14:57:00 GMT 2004

Hi Jim,

On Friday 13 February 2004 07:14, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> PyKDE is going nicely - all issues with sip 3.10/3.11 have been
> resolved (except one, about which I haven't provided good info
> to Phil, and it isn't a major problem). PyKDE builds, links and
> runs using the sip snapshots (will require sip 3.11), and using
> a configure.py similar to what sip and PyQt use (and depends on
> those as well).

These are very good news since this also implies, that you fairly
quickly recovered from your eye surgeries. Wishing you all the best!

> Remaining work - I need to update my sip file generation tool to
> sip 3.10/sip 4, which is mostly done. When that's complete, I'll
> have a PyKDE that supports KDE 3.1.5, and supporting KDE 3.2
> shouldn't take more than a few days.  I also need to update the
> documentation generation (which also shouldn't take too long).
> After that, I need a few days to test against various versions
> and distributions.

If you like me to test some pre release versions on SuSE, just send
them over directly, or may we ask Phil for adding some snapshot dir
for you?

> I'm hoping to have a release in 7-10 days, but that's not a
> promise. For anyone interested in presip, I should be able to
> send out a tarball of that about the same time, although it's
> still a long way to an actual release of that.

Please add me to the "list". What are your plans with sip4 support?
Will presip support sip4 transparently, or will you throw away sip3
support some time soon?

Pete