[PyKDE] sips installation problem ...

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Feb 13 19:36:00 GMT 2004

On Friday February 13 2004 07:05, hcohen2 wrote:
> Jim Bublitz wrote:
> >Looks like you need to do:

> >export QTDIR=<base Qt directory>

> >On SuSE <base Qt directory> is /usr/lib/qt3 - should be
> > something similar on other distributions.

> You got that correct-it's the same on Mandrake 9.1, that I am
> running

> >You can just 'echo $QTDIR' to see what or if the environment
> >variable is set - probably isn't.

> It is worse than than - nothing!  I cannot find any of my '.'
> files in my home directory where I would put the export
> command.  Unlike UNIX, I am a loss as to were I should look
> for the configuration files.  This thing is set to boot into X
> and seems to have hidden the configurations elsewhere.  Could
> I bother you to make a guess where I should search. My regular
> expressions searching for the these dot files does not seem to
> be working, even after I try to eliminate and alphanumerics
> preceeding the dot.

I'm not familiar with where Mandrake puts config files if not in
your home directory - if you're using konqueror, there's an
option for making dot files visible (View | Show Hidden Files),
but if they're really not there, I don't have a suggestion.
Does someone else on the list know?

At any rate, you only need to do the "export" above from the
command line in the sessions where you're running 'configure.py'
for sip or PyQt (PyKDE doesn't require KDEDIR to be set, but
will use it if it is). Make or the run-time stuff doesn't care
about QTDIR being set.

Jim