[PyKDE] PyKDE Valentine's Day Update

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 20:39:00 GMT 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 18:25, Jim Bublitz wrote:

> sip 3.10/3.11 and sip 4 can use identical syntax (except sip 4 no
> longer supports some obsolete constructions). I haven't tried
> sip 4 yet, but I believe everything in both PyKDE and presip
> will be sip 4 compatible. I believe Phil intends 3.11 to be the
> last sip 3.x release, so PyKDE's sip 3.x support will end when
> backwards compatibility with sip 3.x ends.

Just to clarify this...

The next version of SIP v3 is likely to be 3.10.1. SIP v3 will be supported in
the following way...

- bug fixes that affect PyQt

- enhancements to ensure that it will always be able to build PyQt (but not
necessarily implement newer features).

It may be that there is never a v3.11.

I will continue to support SIP v3 in this way for the forseeable future to
accomodate commercial customers stuck on versions of Python prior to v2.3.