[PyKDE] sipName_run undefined when importing kio

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Feb 18 22:38:01 GMT 2004

Someone off the list ran into a problem loading the kio module
with the error sipName_run undefined. In searching the archive
to see if the problem had been solved previously, I ran across a
msg to list about the same problem that apparently hadn't been
answered. For some reason, I never got the message.

Anyway, here's an attempt at a solution about a month late:

Try adding the following line to PyKDE-3.8.0/kio/kiocmodule.cpp:

char sipName_run[] = "run";

You'll see a whole bunch of similar statements in that file -
just add the statement anywhere in that list.

All you should have to do then is (from PyKDE-3.8.0) do make and
make install - only kiocmodule.cpp should recompile and kio
should re-link.

Not sure why this happens - it shouldn't. sipName_run should
already be defined in qtcmodule.cpp in PyQt, and in fact every
module references it, but only kio complains about it being
undefined ??

Anyone else seen this problem?

I can't test the fix because I can't reproduce the problem.

Jim