[PyKDE] Re: Direction of output

Stefan Bund l-pykde.z.xalan at xoxy.net
Wed Feb 18 23:57:00 GMT 2004

ml at www.prostatepointers.org writes:
> I am interested in creating a free version of the windoze program
> typeitin.  It lets you generate an arbitrary number of buttoms, each
> corresponding to an appropriate phrase.  For example, you might have To:,
> From:, password and so on.  You focus on the target form, click on the
> appropriate typeitin button and you have the desired text
> transferred.

I don't know, if this helps, but in KDE3.2, there is a feature, which
allows to define keyboard shortcuts witch (among other possibilities)
insert arbitrary Text into an Application at the current point.

This functionality is available via the Control Center Module
'Regional & Accessibility / KHotKeys' (See the predefined but disabeld
sample shortcuts). Either you can use this feature as is, or you might
look at the source and find out, how it is implemented.

Stefan.

--
-- *DON'T* TRY TO REACH ME DIRECTLY AT ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS. Any reply
-- received off-list at that address will be *silently* and