[PyKDE] Custom interface

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Fri Jan 9 18:21:01 GMT 2004

Here's a 7 minute mockup using Designer.  Making it look pretty is left as an
exercise to you :O)  Remember, if you need pixel perfect (ie, inflexible)
layout, that is very possible.  You just lose the ability for the app to
resize nicely.  The .ui file can be opened in Qt Designer.

All the layout was done using QVBoxLayout and QGridLayout instead of trying to
pack it into a table or trying to draw the widgets myself on a QCanvas.  For
custom borders, you might have to derive a QFrame and implement the border
drawing using that for the "choice" containers.  FYI, QCanvas should probably
be considered a last resort and only used in a couple places where the
layouts and the standard widgets don't fit your needs.  Drawing your own
widgets will be a *lot* more work :)

If you work up something a little closer to what you want, we can probably
offer advice for tweaking it.

Greg Fortune
Fortune Solutions