[PyKDE] Trouble with PyQt 3.10 on MacOSX (Panther)

Fredrik Juhlin laz at strakt.com
Thu Jan 22 13:08:00 GMT 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 12.56, Tim McNerney wrote:
> I have:
>
> MacOSX 10.3.2
> qt 3.2.3
> qscint 1.54
> sip-4.0rc2
> PyQt 3.10
>
> Everything compiles. When I try and run a program from examples3, it
> will come up, but I cannot do anything with it. It doesn't have an
> entry in the taskbar. Clicking on it will not cause it to raise above
> the terminal window. It doesn't seem that it can get focus.
Although I don't have a Mac, much less use PyQt with one, I recognize this
problem from a host of previous posts on the list. The solution has been to
run the programs with "pythonw" rather than "python".

//Fredrik

(Doh, not used to KMail's reply method, so I originally only sent the reply to
the OP. This is a resend.)