[PyKDE] Conditional SIP processing based on the PyQt version

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jan 22 22:15:00 GMT 2004

Hi, I noticed that beginning with PyQt 3.9 the sip files are divided into subdirectories. We have a SIP interface where we need to import some of the core SIP files from the PyQt distribution. But I don't want to break the compilation in case the code is compiled against an old version of PyQt. I tried modifying the sip.exe command line to add -I c:/PyQt/sip/qt and -I c:/PyQt/sip/qtcanvas in addition to -I c:/Pyqt/sip but that gives an error saying that qtmod is already defined. So I want to do something like:

%If (- PyQt_3_9)
%Import qtmod.sip
%Import qtcanvasmod.sip
%End

%If (PyQt_3_9 -)
%Import qt/qtmod.sip
%Import qtcanvas/qtcanvasmod.sip
%End

I tried using the Qt version instead as follows:

%If (- Qt_3_2_3)
%Import qtmod.sip
%Import qtcanvasmod.sip
%End

%If (Qt_3_2_3 -)
%Import qt/qtmod.sip
%Import qtcanvas/qtcanvasmod.sip
%End

But I then I get the following error:

sip: c:\projects\hippodraw\sip\sihippo.sip:15: Upper bound is not a time version

Thanks
-Selim

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98
Tel:650-926-3376 Fax:650-926-4335