[review] Re: [PyKDE] Revisiting an old khtml crash

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Jul 17 03:25:01 BST 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 10:59, David Terrell wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 11:31:56PM -0700, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > > Out of curiosity, what type of app are you writing?

> > Accounting software - I have the General Ledger stuff pretty much done
> > and need to add Purchasing, Invoicing and Inventory modules. My
> > accounting needs are pretty trivial (up til now I've "done the books"
> > once a year on spreadsheets), but cashflow management is pretty
> > complicated.  So my system is kind of "inside out" - the cashflow
> > management part does accounting as a side effect rather than the other
> > way around that something like QuickBooks would do.

> Out of curiosity, have you tried QHacc/KHacc?  http://qhacc.sf.net/

> I'm just a user, but I like it.

It looks like a good app, especially since I did some of the same things (flat
text files, etc). I really need a setup that looks forward rather than
backwards, which is what most accounting does. I need to know what an event
will do to my cashflow 1 day to 6-8 months down the road before it becomes an
"accountable" accrued expense or income (for scheduling payments, credit line
draws and repayments, terms, holding inventory for customers, and other
stuff).

Jim