[PyKDE] Eric3 small feature request

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jun 7 16:10:01 BST 2004

Am Dienstag, 1. Juni 2004 22:32 schrieb Kirill Lapshin:
> Hello,
>
> I was thinking the other day what would be the best way to insert
> boilerplate header code in every source code file. Such as license,
> copyright, whatever. How about storing it in project file, and adding
> special menu item for inserting it? Or maybe even inserting it
> automatically when new file gets created? It seems to be a property of
> the project -- different projects may use different licenses. This way
> it may be version controlled. It still does not address issue of
> updating old files when header changes, but that task probably out of
> scope for IDE anyway.
>
> What do you think?

Hi,

sorry for answering a little late but I was away for a couple of days.

One possible way to do this is with a script. The one I use for eric3 can
be found in the Examples directory. That way it will be available under
Tools/Scripts.

Detlev

PS: Script contributions are welcome and will be made available through
the contributions page or even included in the distro.
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de