[PyKDE] eric3 and x86_64

Rick L Vinyard Jr rvinyard at cs.nmsu.edu
Sun Jun 27 01:39:01 BST 2004

On Saturday 26 June 2004 05:00 pm, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Eric is definitely not the offender here, as I ran some of the above
> combinations on my SuSE 9.1-x86_64 system properly.

That does help a bit. At least I know it's not a 64 bit issue... but just a
gentoo amd64 issue.

> Did
> you supplied proper build arguments to the whole set, aka. lib64 vs.
> lib issues, and the like?

I'm just building from the gentoo packages, but that could very well be part
of the issue with the gentoo ebuilds.

> Providing a backtrace would be helpful, probably from a debug build,
> as well as trying some example3 scripts..

I think the next step will be to test the PyQT, sip and qscintilla libraries
as installed. I doubt it goes as deep as qt, since I've been running KDE for
awhile. I wonder if anyone else is having trouble with using one or more of
these libs on gentoo amd64?

--
Rick L. Vinyard, Jr.
http://miskatonic.cs.nmsu.edu