[PyKDE] eric not gettting focus (macos x)

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Mar 14 19:57:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 14. März 2004 11:56 schrieb Bart van der Ouderaa:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed:
> qt-mac-free-3.1.1
> Qscintilla-1.54-x11-gpl-1.2 (without threading)
> PyQt-mac-gpl-3.11 (using sip 4.0rc2)
>
> without problem (on macos x 10.3.2)
>
> I've then installed eric-3.1.1
>
> And It installed ok, but when I start eric3 I get the IDE but any
> mouse clicks on it go to the window below it (and make that window go
> above eric3). So Eric dissappears behind alle the other windows and is
> unusable. It's like it isn't getting focus.
>
> I have no problem with qt (the designer works like it should) or with
> the PyQt examples3 (no problem there either).
>
> Any idea where to look to solve this?

Another Mac OS X user reported a solution for this weird problem.

"Apparently to get window focus the executable has to be bundled inside
an application bundle, which is just a bunch of directories.  So once
I put the eric3 shell script into an application bundle, it ran fine
and gained the window focus."

Hope this works for you as well

Detlev
--