[PyKDE] Installing SIP with QT Enabled for PyQT applications

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 01:03:00 GMT 2004

On Saturday 20 March 2004 19:58, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> [USING XANDROS/DEBIAN with KDE 3.1.4 and Python 2.3 and Python 2.3-dev]
>
> I would appreciate your help in installing SIP with QT support so that I
> can then install PyQT. My reason is that I would like to install a number
> of KDE applications that require as a prerequisite SIP and PyQT.
>
> As an ordinary user, I recognize my limitations as far as programming. My
> dilemma is that this stuff is quite difficult and beyond my competence, but
> I would like to install these prerequisites so that I can than install and
> run the programs based on them.
>
> The error message says that configure could not find qglobal.h. Yet, it is
> clearly listed in the two qt3 directories below.

A "normal" Qt installation has the applications, header files and libraries
installed under a common directory defined by the QTDIR environment variable.
Your distro has split them.

Set QTDIR to the name of the directory that contains the "mkspecs" directory -
this enables configure.py to find where everything else has been installed.