[PyKDE] eric: Split view, does it work?

Parzival Herzog parzp at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 1 16:56:30 GMT 2004

When I use view/split, a new empty split pane appears, but I can get nothing
to appear in that pane: selecting a file in the browser makes it appear in
the original pane.

Without documentation, here is what I would have expected to have happen:
View/split would create a new pane, also showing the file originally
appearing when unsplit. Then, either it would not be possible to
show a different file in the split, or I could address the new pane
by focusing it, and then select a new file in the browser; this would make the
selected file appear in that (focused) pane.

Can anyone clarify how the split view is/should work?

--
Parzival Herzog