[PyKDE] eric: Split view, does it work?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Nov 7 13:31:32 GMT 2004

Am Montag, 1. November 2004 17:56 schrieb Parzival Herzog:
> When I use view/split, a new empty split pane appears, but I can get
> nothing to appear in that pane: selecting a file in the browser makes it
> appear in the original pane.
>
> Without documentation, here is what I would have expected to have happen:
> View/split would create a new pane, also showing the file originally
> appearing when unsplit. Then, either it would not be possible to
> show a different file in the split, or I could address the new pane
> by focusing it, and then select a new file in the browser; this would make
> the selected file appear in that (focused) pane.
>
> Can anyone clarify how the split view is/should work?

When you split the view, a new pane appears to the right or below the last one
added. At this point the last pane still has the focus. to change this, just
click inside the empty pane. From there on, every new window is opened in
this pane. To change this back, just make the other pane the active one by
clicking into it and open more files.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach