[PyKDE] Problem resolving widget's class

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Nov 1 18:30:19 GMT 2004

> Fredrik Juhlin wrote:
> > From what we can tell though, it only happens to widgets that comes from
> > "C++ land", so to speak. That is, widgets that are created by
> > QWidgetFactory, the listbox you get when calling QComboBox.listBox(),
> > the header from QListView.header() etc. This has made us draw the
> > conclusion that there's most likely something wrong in SIP?

This sounds a lot like the problems you can experience when embedding
Python in C++ applications through a dlopened plugin mechanism.
Can you successfully "cast" the widget pointers to the appropriate
types by using sip.unwrapinstance and sip.wrapinstance functions?

> I assume it doesn't happen with every widget created in "C++ land" - as
> that would be easy to demonstrate. Is there any pattern to when it does
> happen?

Does the above explanation make sense? Are there circumstances where
SIP just doesn't have enough information to determine the correct type
from a pointer?

David

Signup at www.doteasy.com