[PyKDE] eric: What is the difference between "continue" and "break"

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Nov 7 13:29:18 GMT 2004

Am Montag, 1. November 2004 18:10 schrieb Parzival Herzog:
> When I am debugging, and an unhandled exception occurs, eric offers me a
> dialog which can be dismissed with "Continue", and "Break". I cannot tell
> what the difference is between these choices.
>
> I would have expected that "break" would preserve the context of the
> exception, permitting me to post-mortem examine the context, while
> "continue" would have allowed the python exception handling to terminate
> the debugged program. However, as much as I would dearly like it, either
> way of dismissing that dialog leaves me with a terminated program.
>
> Can anyone clarify this?

If you debug a program and and an unhandled exception occurs it behaves
exactly as you expected. In the other modes (e.g. if you run the program) the
same dialog appears, however "continue" and "break" behave the same and leave
you with a terminated program. Maybe I should rework this dialog a little
bit.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach