[PyKDE] eric3 - freeing debugging resources

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Nov 8 18:22:59 GMT 2004

Am Montag, 8. November 2004 18:45 schrieb Alan Ezust:
> Sometimes I am debugging database applications, and I end up in a situation
> where the eric3 debugger has locks on resources and I am unable to free
> them. This happens a lot when I do a "stop debugging" in the middle of a
> ZODB application.
>
> The "debug" menu, "stop debugging" is often greyed out, even when it is
> running (or holding onto resources).
>
> Feature request: "stop debugging" feature should release all resources and
> kill the debugger properly. And it should not be greyed out when it has
> resources.

It is greyed when the program being debugged is in a running state. Whenever
it is in a halted state (i.e. at a breakpoint), the "stop debugging" is
active again. If your application goes wild, there is a reset function in the
shell window context menu. This will kill the application being debugged
freeing all resources.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach