Re: [PyKDE] auto-Complete questions

j.vienne@libertysurf.fr j.vienne at libertysurf.fr
Tue Oct 12 08:14:46 BST 2004

Hi,
Autocompletion can be done from an API file which contains
all Python functions. While this file depends on your
personal configuration of Python, you may use the
"gen_python_api.py" script to scan all your modules. You'll
then have to load the file generated into eric via the
configuration dialog.
Autocompletion can also be done from the current words
already written in your document.
When checking the "Autocompletion" checkbox, you'll have to
select a radio button to choose your default autocompletion
mode. That means that autocompletion is automatically
activated when the threshold (number of characters)
indicated below is reached.
After choosing a default mode (or not!), two shortcuts
(Ctrl+Space and Ctrl+Shift+Space) are also available to
start autocompletion from API or Document whatever selected
in the preferences.

Concerning the "About Eric" bug, I had the same before, but
it was due to my PyQT and SIP versions which were not recent
enough...
It works for me with:
- PyQt-x11-gpl-3.13
- sip-4.1.1
- QScintilla 1.4
- eric 3.5

Hope it helps,
++
Jul.

You can either user one ore more API file which contains

On Monday 11 October 2004 01:29, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> On Monday 11 October 2004 08:08, John Fabiani wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 October 2004 22:54, John Fabiani wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I come from the windows world where I have a thing called
> > > Intellisense (Visual FoxPro).  Intellisense some how
is aware of
> > > all available functions (even user defined functions).
 I was
> > > wondering if that's what auto-complete is suppose to
do?  It
> > > appears that my version only knows about what is in
the current
> > > file and excludes any of the import statements.  It
maybe that
> > > the doc's explain it better but what I have read so
far does
> > > little to clear up my confusion.   I'm using 3.4.2 on
SUSE 9.1
> > > x86_64 thanks for your help.
>
> Well, you could try my rpms on sf.net (as announced
lately). My eric
> build comes with a set of ready to use API files, just
configure eric
> to use them. To adjust them to your system, simply rebuild the
> src.rpm.
>
> > Just downloaded 3.5.0 and it has more on the
auto-complete.  But
> > using API appears to give me something to do with QT
(that's a
> > guess).  In either case I was hoping that it would
provide a list
> > of my import functions/methods.
> >
> > BTW when I click on 'About Eric' it closes the editor down.
>
> Not here.
>
> Pete
Somebody suggested that I look at wings.  I download their
beta and it's sort
of running.  But it does have the intellisense that I was
looking for - at
least when I type 'wx.' a list pops up of available
functions.  Is this how
the API is suppose to work?  I ask because I really don't
know how to setup
the API.  There is a radio button selection but when I set
it to API I get a
select box with a list of items I do not know.
Thanks for your help!  BTW the debugger works well!
John