[PyKDE] auto-Complete questions

John Fabiani jfabiani at yolo.com
Tue Oct 12 15:29:58 BST 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 00:14, you wrote:
> Hi,
> Autocompletion can be done from an API file which contains
> all Python functions. While this file depends on your
> personal configuration of Python, you may use the
> "gen_python_api.py" script to scan all your modules. You'll
> then have to load the file generated into eric via the
> configuration dialog.
> Autocompletion can also be done from the current words
> already written in your document.
> When checking the "Autocompletion" checkbox, you'll have to
> select a radio button to choose your default autocompletion
> mode. That means that autocompletion is automatically
> activated when the threshold (number of characters)
> indicated below is reached.
> After choosing a default mode (or not!), two shortcuts
> (Ctrl+Space and Ctrl+Shift+Space) are also available to
> start autocompletion from API or Document whatever selected
> in the preferences.
>
> Concerning the "About Eric" bug, I had the same before, but
> it was due to my PyQT and SIP versions which were not recent
> enough...
> It works for me with:
> - PyQt-x11-gpl-3.13
> - sip-4.1.1
> - QScintilla 1.4
> - eric 3.5
>
> Hope it helps,
> ++
> Jul.

Thanks for the information.  I found gen_python_api.py last night.  But I
still have issues.  After I generate the api I still do not have most of the
'wx' (although it did have a little - I think) which is for wxPython.  Also
when I add stuff to the 'excludemodules' list it still appears to add the
module anyway.  When I run it  (gen_python_api.py) a python command line
session is opened and a tk hello window opens.  I'm guessing that happens
because it runs the code while it generates the API file.  So how do I get
the 'wx' into the API file?  And of course I'd like to have the calltips too.

Python 2.3.3
qt 3.3.1
PyQt 3.11
QScinitilla 1.2